This event is on rain or shine!
While this event will focus on engaging youth, all volunteers are welcome!
Tynehead Regional Park is located alongside Highway 1, between 160th and 176th streets in Surrey. We are meeting at the parking lot at the 168th entrance.
CLICK on the following for a map of the location (the parking lot is to the left of the "A"):
INTERACTIVE MAP OF MEETING SPOT IN TYNEHEAD REGIONAL PARK
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
• Meet at 9.15am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove invasive plants and plant native plants and trees from 9.30-noon
What to bring
• Water (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments for the break
• Instruction on what to do. No experience needed to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
About Tyneheead Regional Park
This is a 260 hectare park in Surrey. There are owls, hawks and coyotes. The Serpentine river flows through this park. There are 5kms of walking trails, a fish hatchery and a butterfly garden.
Metro Vancouver Parks