This event is on rain or shine!
We will meet at 9.45am at the parking lot off Imperial Street to the left of Lower Pond
A map of the meeting spot is --> HERE
Getting yourself there
Transit. Patterson skytrain station is nearby. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
• Meet at 9.45pm (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove invasive plants from 10-1pm
What to bring
• Water (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
About Central Park
Central Park is near Metrotown, was founded in 1891 and is a 90-hectare urban park. It is forested with large douglas fir, western hemlock, maple groves, cedar and poplar. There are wide tree lined 8.5 kms nature trails throughout the park.
City of Burnaby