This event is on rain or shine!
We will be removing periwinkle and will have a tour of the Bell-Irving Fish Hatchery!
Meet at the Bell Irving Hatchery parking lot at 11450 - 256th Street. Interactive google map --> HERE
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove periwinkle from 10-1pmand have a tour by KEEPS of the Bell-Irving Hatchery
What to bring
• Water (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and pants are always good! Will prevent getting scratched by thorny plants.
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments for the break
• Instruction on what to do. No experience needed to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
Our hosts are: Kanaka Education and Environmental Partnership Society (KEEPS) a stewardship group actively involved in taking care of Kanaka Creek Regional Park and Metro Vancouver Parks