This event is on rain or shine!
While this event will focus on engaging youth, all volunteers are welcome!
The monks at Tu Vien monastery have kindly agreed to let us to use their parking lot to meet. Their address is [masked]th Street, Langley (just south of the East Area Parks office). A map HERE. Please look for signs.
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Add mulch to native plants and tree guards and remove periwinkle from[masked]am
What to bring
• Water (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments for the break
• Instruction on what to do. No experience needed to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
About Campbell Valley Park
Campbell Valley Park is one of the best picnic sites in the south Fraser Valley. It has miles of walking trails. Little River Loop Trail (2.3 kms) wanders through the meadows and forested slopes of the valley bottom. A longer stroll follows Shaggy Mane Trail.
Metro Vancouver Parks