This event is on rain or shine.
We are meeting at the Jericho Works Yard (on Discovery street). A map --> HERE
Your parking fee will be covered. A volunteer will be at the pay station to give you a parking pass. Please do not be late because we are leaving at 11am sharp.
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
• Meet at 12.45pm (please don't be late because it will be tricky finding us)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove invasive plants and shorelines clean-up
What to bring
• GUM BOOTS are ideal for a shoreline cleanup, but if you don't have them sturdy comfortable closed toe shoes/boots work.
• Refillable water bottle (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
What will be provided for you
• Rubber gloves
• Waste Pickers and garbage bags
• Snacks to take along with you
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• A fun experience in a beautiful park!
Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation