This event is on rain or shine.
We are the Richmond Nature Park (11851 Westminster Hwy)
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING MAPS
Meeting spot (click on photo to see it more clearly)
Interactive map of the meeting spot (slightly to the left of the blue dot of the interactive map is the entrance to the Richmond Nature Park)
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove cultivated blueberries
What to bring
• Refillable water bottle (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• A fun experience in a beautiful park!
City of Richmond