The Madison Area Euchre Meetup Group Message Board › Eastside Euchre meetups

Eastside Euchre meetups

A former member
Post #: 1
All,

Any folks interested in eastside meetups? Maybe something on the ithsmus?
A former member
Yes very much. Someplace where we can hear eachother say "pass" and "pick it up".
Ken
user 10992199
Madison, WI
Madison has an East side?
A former member
Post #: 4
I know it, there is an east side - for the longest time I thought it was all there was - then one day I saw all these people wearing all red emerging 'en mass from the sunset - it was bizarre. Only then did I notice a whole other side of town.

I'm still pretty new to this here club and based on the calendar, of the most recent 9 meetups only 3 have taken place on the east side - all at Dexter's Pub.

I've got nothing against Dexter's. I'd just like to check out some places on the ithsmus - some of which actually encourage game players to come in for off peak times. For example, Mickey's Tavern (at Willy and Thornton) has nice places to play, good food and a discount for 'game players' on Saturday afternoons (after 2pm I believe). The Harmony Bar (Atwood + Dunning) has lots of space and good tables for cards. Both Genna's and the Local Tavern uptown are nice places with weekday happy hours and good game playing tables.

I'm a pretty tied down near-east sider (no car) but would be willing to try out places on the university side of the ithsmus. Any suggestions from near-west siders or uptowners?
Erik
user 11196459
Madison, WI
New to the group about 5 minutes ago. I'm interested in checking out some places on the square. Tornados, the Dane, etc? Even more east like High Noon or Brass Ring? Thoughts? I'm excited to join this group!