align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Madison Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board › roadtrip proposal- Raw Deal, Ecopolitan, wild blueberry picking/camping/cano

roadtrip proposal- Raw Deal, Ecopolitan, wild blueberry picking/camping/canoeing, Boundary Waters

JP
jpea
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 110
I called the rangers, they said that while there are blueberries now, the peak will probably be in a week. But I could go sunday, July 11, just as easily as next weekend. Let me know, out there, who wants to go, if you want to camp overnight and go to River Haven, maybe Raw Deal rawstaurant, or just make it a day trip to Necedah.

Necedah is like an hour and 45 minutes away from Madison. Menomonie, WI, home of Raw Deal, is a whole 2 hours away from Necedah. Of course, there are amazing things to see on the way just to Necedah itself, such as the Crane Foundation, or the Forevertron http://www.pbs.org/in...­
both near Baraboo, etc. etc.
David
user 8829766
Madison, WI
Post #: 126
This all sounds great - unfortunately my schedule won't allow me to join in the fun. If there is anything I can do to help or support the expedition, let me know. Have a great time, everyone - I expect to see pictures and I look forward to hearing about it at upcoming potlucks.
Nate
user 3759502
Madison, WI
Post #: 10
I'm all for some wild blueberries! Anytime. Next weekend sounds pretty good. Though I may be passing through to a IMAX dome film fest in Duluth, with the possibility of some Isle royal action. Since the raw deals on the way, it just might work! Let me know when you go and Ill see if I can meet up.

Nate
JP
jpea
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 114
looks like sunday, 7/18, we'll be going to Necedah... 5 of us so far, waiting to hear back from 2 more from this group...

supposedly some kids set some kind of record for blueberry picking up there in the last week, 21 bushels of wild blueberries over two and a half days, http://www.marshfield...­
so probably a good year for them there
alas, the same probably can't be said for the Boundary Waters, maybe next year