We'll play a Pathfinder adventure path (Skull & Shackles). Rules will be based on the Paizo PRD, gameplay will be team-based and fun, and a good time shall be had by all. :)
The ship-to-ship combat in the players guide will NOT be used. We'll do something far, far simpler.
- Level 1
- 20-point buy
- Races from the Advanced Rage Guide (as-is or slightly modified), or custom races with a theme, i.e. Smurfs. Everything at or under 12 RP.
- Start with average gold for your class
- Two traits out of the Advanced Player Guide, excluding Rich Parents
- Every character must have a ranged attack, even if it's bad (Ray of Frost)
- Every character must have an armed melee attack, even if it's bad (dagger)
- Full HP at first level, average HP for each additional
- No firearms
- No magus
- No evil characters
- Track encumbrance and ammunition, but not food
- Have at least one distinctive/weird/funny thing about your character's personality that won't disrupt play - it could be a phobia, compulsion, annoying habit, whatever.
- Useful skills: swim and Profession: Sailor
- Companions and familiars: this is largely an aquatic campaign. Fire elementals and the like may be suboptimal.
I'll have a generic healer and rogue available as NPC support if needed. XP track will be determined as we go - if the party is destroying everything we'll go slow, if they need help it'll be fast.