addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
The R.
user 9370485
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 45
Looking for advice and/or leads. I am simply not making enough progress on re-learning how to swim efficiently enough to race a tri. I swim laps 2 or 3 times per week since late October but I'm still struggling to even do 500 meters, and can't do even 150 meters without stopping to rest. It's frustrating, I mean I could go out and run a half in probably 1:50 without even training, but I can't swim 4 laps at the pool. ARRGH.

I would sign up for a masters class at the Y, but with my work and travel schedule in the winter, I wouldn't really be able to attend enough of the sessions to get my money's worth. Plus it appears to me watching those classes that individual instruction is not really what's going on.

It has been suggested to me that I buy a package of individual lessons from an instructor at the Y. That's an expensive option, but I would consider it if others recommended it's value. Other thoughts / advice / recommendations / leads?
Jim D.
user 12507629
Bethalto, IL
Post #: 1

If you live in or near Saint Louis-StronglyRecommend talking to Hap Gentry.
He has a lot of Triathletes that swim there for $6 on Sunday's. You will receive excellent instruction and drills.
He also offers private lessons.
His e-mail address was removed due to a warning when submitting this entry. But may be found on http://www.usms.org/p...­

If you live in the Alton, IL area, please post a reply.

Ladue - CSPM CSP Tideriders Master Swim Club
Ozark LMSC
Ladue Horton Watkins High School
1201 South Warson Road Ladue, Missouri
Lap Swim / Workout Times: Sun: 8:00am-9:30am; Winter Months (09/12/10-05/22/11)
Contacts: Hap Gentry (314-303-7284)
Web Site: http://beta.ladue.k12...­
Map URL: Click here for map to pool
Miscellaneous Info: ONLY registered USMS Members allowed for reasons of insurance
Record Last Updated: 12/27/10