The Monterey Bay Area Hiking Group Message Board › Training Advice

Training Advice

Stella
user 32115082
Monterey, CA
Post #: 3
I am new to the group and hoping to get some tips/advice or guidance on building muscle, mileage and endurance, in order to participate in the weekend hikes listed on this and other meetup groups. A little about my commitment to training; I used to be an avid hiker (hikes every weekend for years) and a runner (4 marathons and many, many 5 & 10Ks), unfortunately, I let others and life take me away from what I enjoy doing. I currently exercise four days a week; swimming, weights, long brisk walks, aerobics and surfing. Do you have a training routine that has worked for you or advice on what I should focus on or avoid? I have a weight room, treadmill, stationary bike, pool, bike path and long stretch of beach at my disposal. Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated, feel free to email me.

Thank you
Stella
Stella
user 32115082
Monterey, CA
Post #: 5
Thank you for all the emails with great training advice. I have included your advice in my workouts and feel stronger already. I'm going hiking this weekend for the first time in a long time, wish me luck and I hope I'm able to walk next week. smile

Happy Hiking