Hooray for the red, white and blue! Join me this year at the Scotts Valley 4th of July Fireworks celebration! Last year, Glenn Fidler and I had a grand time attending the fireworks show at Sky Park in Scotts Valley. We started with a tailgate dinner in the parking lot, eating way too much. YUM! Then, we headed over to the lawn area with our cameras, blankets and lawn chairs. With a couple more hours before sunset, so this was the perfect time to do an equipment check, stroll about, play a game of cards, shoot the breeze or take a nap (like I did last year).
The City of Scotts Valley puts on an outstanding event with plenty of live music, food and loads of fun activities to while away the afternoon before the big show. I'm going again and you're welcome to caravan (meet before and follow) and join my tailgate potluck. You could try to meet me there, but this event is so well attended you'll no doubt have trouble finding me. Yes, it's crowded, but parking is plentiful and so is the area on the lawn. And yes, you could save yourself the admission fee, but the price is well worth the easy parking, the fantastic view in comfort on the lawn.
* Meet me in the parking lots at Peet's Coffee. I'll be there at 4:45 and wait till 5:10 and then I'm gonezville. I will send all RSVP'd members a message the day before with my phone number. Remember it's a holiday, so allow plenty of time for traffic!
* Parade at 3:00 on Scotts Valley Drive. (I'll be fixing food and packing my car, so will skip this part).
* Fireworks event open at 5:00 - I plan to arrive no later than 5:30.
* Fireworks show at 9:15
* Advance tickets $6.00 / Tickets at the gate $8:00 / Kids 4 and under free
MORE INFO AT: www.scottsvalley.org/July4.html
WHAT TO BRING:
* A potluck dish to share. I'll have a small propane b-b-q. (we can coordinate further depending on rsvps).
* Your camera, a tripod and a shutter release cable and an extra battery just in case.
* A blanket or low beach chair (or both)
* If you bring a favorite beverage, please be responsible and keep it on the low down.
The weatherman is forecasting record temps that day, but it could get chilly once the sun goes down. Here on the coast, ya just never know. Be prepared, be comfortable. Last year I would have paid big bucks for a hot beverage after sunset.
After the show is over, expect the exodus to be a mass of non-moving cars for about 30 minutes. We can review our pics and continue our social as the crowd dwindles.
There is no fee to participate at this meet up, however you are responsible for your own admission ticket.
Lastly.... Be a good sport. If you sign up, please show up. If you cant make it, please give me plenty of lead time so I don't sit there waiting for you. It's super not cool to be a "no show".