The Mountain Bike Meetup Message Board › suggestions

suggestions

Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,201
Write any suggestions you may have for books, locations, days of the week, time of day and any other concerns you may have about the book meetup.
Daniel M.
user 9174385
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 169
How does someone become co organizer or event organizer.

I live close to salado and would be able schedule a few ride at diffent times,
Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,342
I was considering posting a ride at Hunstville State Park but after developing the draft I mapped the directions to the park and it turns out that it would be about 4 hours of driving just to get there. We could camp over night if anyone is interested in exploring this park or we can head out back to san antonio. The trail is about 18 miles around Lake Raven and it seems there are a lot of pine trees. The trail is level 1 and 2 intermediate. Comments? Do you want me to post the draft?
Daniel M.
user 9174385
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 187
Been there.... It's nice to camp... But not worth the trip to ride. Memorial and cypreswood would be nice...
I will be posting memorial soon
Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,347
Is memorial park the same as terry hershel park? There was a meetup for hershel park that I had posted in october but cancelled it. I can put that in the drafts folder if you want to look at it.
Daniel M.
user 9174385
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 192
No they are different... I used to ride memorial when I first started...its nice. But for the drive I suggest 2 parks.
Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,380
Would anyone be interested in going to Caprock Canyon State Park? It is somewhere betrween Lubbock and Amarillo. It is described as the grand canyon of Texas. I was thinking of driving to Amarillo and staying at a Red Roof Inn and then continuing to the park the next morning. We could try for the first week of June or Maybe November.

http://www.tpwd.state...­

"Almost 90 miles of multi-use trails range from the very difficult in rugged terrain to trails with less than 3% grade. About 25 miles of the trails include cliffs and drop-offs, with steep climbs and descents that are recommended only for the experienced equestrian and mountain bike riders."
Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,396
Would anyone be interested in a 5:00 am ride. It will be dark and cool. Don't know where though. I guess Leon Creek. We would park outside the gate at Mainland. Or we could start at the south end at the Ingram trailhead.
Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,401
Anyone want to try Lake Georgetown. 26 miles of fun. Aari loves it there. He races like an antelope. Or better yet a pronghorn--- the fastest animal on earth. You should see Aari jump and cavort into the air he is soo happy.

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--------------
I refer to definitions # 1 when I use the word cavort:

cavort: 1.Jump or dance around excitedly: "monkeys leap and cavort in the branches".
2.Apply oneself to sexual or disreputable pursuits: "he spent his nights cavorting with the glitterati".
Enrique
user 4163600
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1,405
The good thing about a stationary bike is that you can read as you pedal and you are in a air conditioned room.

Any of you have a membership at golds gym? Maybe we can schedule a meetup during one of the gyms stationary bike session with the trainers there. I have never tried it but I can hear the trainer telling the class to raise the speed, or the resistance, or to stand and pedal or different things while music plays.