Join us for a relaxing beginner friendly paddle to Goose Island on beautiful J. Percy Priest Lake.
This is a great 1st paddle for the beginner to learn in a friendly stress free environment. I'll give a brief tutorial before we begin.
We'll meet at the marina boat ramp to unload and paddle as a group out to Goose Island. There we'll cook over and open fire, eat dinner and watch the sunset. Afterwards we'll paddle back across the calm still water under the moonlight.
Things to bring for this event;
- Kayak or canoe
- PFD (life jacket)
- Water friendly clothes (jeans are not recommended )
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Dinner-Hot dogs, kabobs or something easily cooked over and open fire
- Water or beverage of choice
- Towel (if needed)
- Camp chair (optional)
- Dry bag for your phone or camera
- Marshmallows ( skewer stick)
- bug spray ( listerine in water bottle is good to keep mosquitoes away. will wash off if your wet)
Kayaks, paddles and PFD's (life jackets) are available for a small donation ($10) is suggested.
If you need gear for this event,(or have any other questions) please call me the day of the paddle (before 3:00 PM) so we can discuss the best options for you.