Tapas Social: Starts at 6pm at AJ's House
Location: Text[masked] for address when you RSVP (my house is .5 miles from launch site)
Launch Time: NLT 8pm
Location: GPS point 451 Braid Drive Mount Juliet TN 37122 (not my home address); launch ramp and pier are at the end of Braid Drive. (http://goo.gl/maps/AvljG)
Return Time: 10-11pm (or whatever the group decides)
Destination: We will paddle south from the launch site at a leisurely pace for about 1.5 miles to Dry Fork Branch. The moon should be in full view then, with a few scattered clouds. We can float there for a while and enjoy a beverage and relax before heading back.
Conditions: This part of Old Hickory Lake is off the main river path, so it's fairly calm. The weather that day will be 92. The low that night will be 70—so it will be comfortable. Winds at 6mph—so the waters won't be choppy. Dress appropriately.
Pets: You can bring your dog(s) to the Social, if they get along with other dogs and people. There is no fenced area. You can bring your dog(s) to the paddle, too, if you're so inclined.
Rules of Engagement
1. If you are coming to the Tapas Social, bring your favorite tapas (appetizer) and your favorite drink.
2. The Tapas Social will begin at 6pm. Late arrivals welcome (between 6-7:45pm). No need to call, text, or email me.
3. It is YOUR responsibility to text me at[masked] when you RSVP YES if you need more info about my address. Short of getting lost, please do not contact me for the address starting 24 hours before the event. I likely won't respond. So, please PLAN AHEAD.
4. If you are coming to the paddle ONLY, we will leave my house at 7:45pm SHARP and begin launching at 8pm SHARP. So please be at the launch site and ready to go.
5. Bring your own boat, PFD, and lights. (In-craft lights are best because bright outside lights will attract swarming insects, but remember to bring a white outer light for your craft too. It's the law.)
6. If you have an extra boat and plan to bring it, post a comment that you are doing so.
7. If you do not have a boat, read the comments and communicate directly with the person bringing extra gear. You are responsible for communicating with the lender to get the boat there, and for your PFD and lights.
8. If you are bringing extra gear for someone to use and then you decide you aren't coming, it is YOUR responsibility to communicate with the person who will be using your gear to let them know you're not coming. (Remember: Paddle World is a small place. If you develop a reputation for being undependable, it will stick.)
9. If you RSVP YES but then can't make the Social and/or the paddle, no need to call, email, or text me. I understand!
10. Please do not email me at all starting 24 hours before the event. I will be busy getting things ready and cannot respond. You can reach me via TEXT ONLY at[masked] if you need better directions to my house or the launch site. I will not be available at all starting at 8pm because we will be launching.
11. We will not delay the Social or the launch for anyone. Be there or be square!
(Yes, there are a lot of rules of engagement, but everyone must take responsibility for planning their own part of the paddle. Get the addresses for the social and the launch EARLY. Get your gear figured out EARLY. Communicate EARLY. Don't burden the host with unnecessary or lengthy phone calls or emails at the last minute. Thanks in advance for your valued cooperation!)