Tapas Social: 6pm at AJ's House
Location: Text[masked] for address
Paddle Launch Time: 8-8:30pm
Location: GPS point 451 Braid Drive Mount Juliet TN 37122 (not my home address); launch ramp and pier are at the end of Braid Drive. (http://goo.gl/maps/AvljG)
Return Time: Whenever!
Destination: We will paddle south from the launch site at a leisurely pace for about 1.5 miles to Dry Fork Branch. Barring clouds, the moon will be in full view the entire paddle.
Conditions: This part of Old Hickory Lake is off the main river path, so it's very calm. Watch the weather and dress appropriately.
Pets: You can bring your dog(s) to the Social, if they get along with other dogs and people. There is no fenced area. You can bring your dog(s) to the paddle, too.
Boats and Gear:
• IF YOU ARE COMING AND CAN BRING EXTRA BOATS AND GEAR, post a comment when you RSVP so we can work together to match your supply to need.
If you are bringing extra gear for someone to use and then decide you aren't coming, you must communicate with the person using your gear to let them know you're not coming.
• IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BOAT AND GEAR, post a comment when you RSVP so we can work together to determine needs and supply in advance.
Please communicate directly via comments with people bringing extra gear. You must see that the lender gets the boat there, and have your PFD and lights.
1. If you are coming to the Tapas Social, bring your favorite tapas (appetizer) and your favorite drink.
2. Begins at 6pm. Late arrivals welcome. No need to call, text, or email.
3. Short of getting lost, please do not contact me starting 4 hours before the event. I'll be busy preparing. Please PLAN AHEAD.
FULL MOON PADDLE
1. If you are coming to the paddle ONLY, we will begin launching at 8-8:30pm. Please be at the launch site and ready to go.
2. Bring your boat, PFD, and lights. (In-craft lights look beautiful, but remember to bring a white outer light for your craft too. It's the law.)
Don't wait until the last minute ...
Get the addresses for the social and the launch EARLY.
Get your gear figured out EARLY.