Announcing a new Meetup for The New Deal!
What: BLOATED from Turkey- but ya gotta eat-Sushi the alternative to leftover bird!
When: November 27, 2009 6:30 PM
Unagi & Sushi (Japanese restaurant)
2701A Airline Drive
Metairie, LA 70001
Chef Leon Du invites you to try a "Kaseikei"dinner on the Friday evening after Thanksgiving. "Kaseiki" is a kin to Spanish "Tapas" or small plates -the rage of today, but differs by serving a minimum of ten items. Creativity is at the forefront! Besides, light plates are exactly what you need after gouging the day before.
Here are the twelve dishes
be served: 1. Noodle seafood appetizer (cold)
2. Edamame- boiled, salted soybeans - like japanese popcorn(cold)
3. Egg rolls - Chef's special creation (warm)
4. Crunchy Miso soup* w/w/out Crisp Baby Crabs* (warm)
5. Crispy Baby Crabs*(warm)
6. Hollywood salad with wasabi aoli dressing (cold)
7. Tuna Tataki Ginzan-seared tuna with better than guacamole topping (cold)
8. White fish Capriccio- sashimi slices over purple onion slivers topped with
herbal dressing (cold)
9. Beef Tataki- for those who need meat (lukewarm)
10. Fresh Salmon sashimi with capers and cream cheese (cold)
11. Unforgettable Roll w/w.o avocado cream* topping (cold)
12. Fresh Fruit
The total fixed price
for all tweve dishes is $30,00
with the addition of sake
to wash all tweve down is $35.00
you can order directly from the menu
Check out the full, standard menu on the web @ www.orleansmenu.com
Finally, You must order the" Kaseiki" dinner in advance
upon RSVPing, due to the labor intensive requirements of such an elaborate service.
Feel free to costume Japanese!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/The-New-Deal/calendar/11732273/