addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New York FPGA Users Group Message Board Introduction to FPGAs › having problem detecting hardware

having problem detecting hardware

Bin Y.
user 22728651
New York, NY
Post #: 1
When adding the compiled code to Program Device, windows based OS can't detect hardware.
anyone has this problem resolved?
Thanks
David G.
user 24074212
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Have you installed the USB-Blaster driver? Here's a link to the version for Windows Vista/7/8: http://www.altera.com...­
Sean Timothy N.
user 35159812
New York, NY
It is likely that you are running a 64 bit install of Windows. When packaging Quartus, Altera missed a few libraries. If you follow the instructions here you should be able to find the USB Blaster!
Yinlei Y.
user 48616072
New York, NY
It does not seem to work for me. I am getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." when I try to run jtagserver.exe (with any params). I am using 12.0sp2.

Update: If I download a standalone version of programmer, as suggested in the last post of the thread, it works.
Dmitriy K.
user 8833400
New York, NY
I am having similar problems in x64 install of Ubuntu 12.04 running on Parallels virtual machine. There were some 32-bit libraries that I had to install in order to get all the software to work, but hardware is still not detected. I can try 32-bit version, but Ubuntu seems problematic with this anyway. Any suggestions for another Linux distro to play with?

Thanks and great meetup yesterday! :)

Dmitriy.
Bin Y.
user 22728651
New York, NY
Post #: 2
For those who were having the same problem at the meetup, this WORKED for me, thanks Sean.
So the problem looks like there's a 64bit version of the hardware scanner that runs, but since the quartus installed is 32bit, it doesn't run that process
B.

It is likely that you are running a 64 bit install of Windows. When packaging Quartus, Altera missed a few libraries. If you follow the instructions here you should be able to find the USB Blaster!

Dmitriy K.
user 8833400
New York, NY
Post #: 2
In case this is useful for somebody still having Linux problems, I was able to get everything working on CentOS 6.3 64-bit version after installing all the 32-bit libraries listed in Altera installation guide. There is no neat package like in Ubuntu so they have to be installed individually but I was able to detect and program the chip, something that did not work for me in x64 Ubuntu 12.04