Mar 22, 2012 · 5:45 PM
Hello all! It is my pleasure to present to you another of the periodically scheduled technical meetups. The focus of this one is Evented I/O Programming in Perl. The agenda is as follows:
- Greetings by the event organizer (Jordan Adler)
- Introductions of all event participants and newcomers
- A short survey on further technical topics of interest. Have a topic that interests you or you can talk on? Let us know!
- "Evented Perl: a Perl for all occasions", a presentation by Rudy Lippan:
Overview of events and event-driving programming. Events vs. threads in general, and with respect to Perl. Introduction to the EV library and then continuing on to an overview of AnyEvent. Time permitting there will be coverage of IO::Async and IO::Lambda. An example program will be provided.
- "POE: Solving Problems", a presentation by Jordan Adler:
POE is an event engine that is portable, open, stable, and production-ready. The focus of this presentation will be 2 examples of real-world problems that are best solved with an event engine. A contrast will be made to the traditional forking method. Examples will be provided.
- Announcement of the next meeting
- Finally, as is customary, all are invited to the social gathering at a bar to be determined.