[We have been offered 20 free guest spaces to a Movable Type conference in New York in October. Given the limited seating, please only RSVP if you truly plan to attend.]
A message from Robert Minton of Moveable Type:
As you already know, Movable Type web content management platform is based on Perl. Movable Type will be having it's first US developer, designer, and client gathering in over 3 years in NYC on October 18th 2012. The event will be from 9am to 7pm, including a happy hour networking event on site. The conference is free and is on a first come first served basis.
I would love to open up 20 seats for the event to NY Perl Mongers group.
VP Sales & Marketing N.A.
A Six Apart Solution
Movable Type Idea Exchange
New York City
October 18th, 2012
The Future of Movable Type and Your Business
The 2012 Idea Exchange is a chance for developers, designers, and clients to get together to learn from each other, discuss new projects, hear about the latest offerings in MT5.2, and gain detailed insight on where Movable Type is going, and what our plans are for helping to grow and support the Movable Type business in North America, Europe, and South America.
Details for the agenda will be finalized by mid September, if your are interested in presenting or have suggestions on what you would like to learn or get out of this meeting, please let us know. Email me directly at [masked].
Tentatively here is what’s already on the agenda:
- The CEO’s or Presidents of major Japanese Movable Type partners will be presenting their current offerings in Japan and be looking for partner to help ready these offerings for North America. Tentatively the CEO of GENOVA (www.genova.co.jp) and the CEO of Alfasado (http://alfasado.net) will be in attendance.
- We will give you an overview of other offerings currently being made ready for North America.
- Movable Type premier support partner 601AM will be presenting a case study on a challenging Movable Type implementation, sharing with you the details on how they solved the client’s unique challenges.
- Movable Type will have the lead developer, Yuji, on hand for discussions. Six Apart CEO Nob Seki will be attending, as will EVP Product Tsukasa Sugita, and others from the Movable Type team.
- I will present an overview of the new Movable Type business strategy so that your business can take advantage of the great things to come.
We also plan on having an additional speaker or two that will be from outside of the MT community.
Idea Exchange will be on Thursday October 18th from 9am to 5pm. The event will include a continental breakfast, lunch, and all day snacks and beverages. There will be a Happy Hour onsite following the daylong meeting, allowing for network and time to get to know your fellow community members. There will also be an unofficial gathering on the evening of the 18th, place and time TBD.
More to come soon!
Please RSVP for this free event as soon as possible, the event has limited seating and will fill up.
If the 20 NY.pm seats are already taken, you will be added to the waiting list. If you really want to go and don't want to try your luck with the waiting list, please send an email titled Idea Exchange 2012 to [masked], with how many there are in your party. Additional seats may be made available on a best-efforts basis.