addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NY Perl Mongers Message Board The New York Perl Meetup Group Discussion Forum › (NEW) NY Perl Meetup on March 22: Event-driven I/O

(NEW) NY Perl Meetup on March 22: Event-driven I/O

David G.
dagolden
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
"Someday, synchronous will seem as quaint as punch cards" -- @xdg

We're back!

After a bit of a break, NY Perl Mongers have started up the Technical Meetup series again, giving you a chance to meet your peers and stretch your Perl horizons. If you've never been to a Perl Meetup before, now is your chance to join in!

On March 22nd, we'll be talking about event-driven, asynchronous I/O in a great new space generously provided by our friends at 10gen (makers of MongoDB).

What do the biggest Internet companies know about achieving massive scale? Asynchronous I/O is the way to go! Javascript has Node.js. Python has Twisted. Ruby has EventMachine. And, Perl, of course, has more than one way to do it!

Come join Jordan Adler and Rudy Lippan as they explain and demonstrate some of the major event-driven frameworks for Perl, including POE, EV, and AnyEvent.

Read more and RSVP now for the March Technical Meetup: Evented I/O Programming

See you soon!

David