The New York City Racquetball Meetup Group Message Board › Anybody want to play at the Flushing NY Rec Center?

Anybody want to play at the Flushing NY Rec Center?

Jason C.
user 11129440
Forest Hills, NY
Post #: 9
It's a very new facility and they have 2 courts available. I've played there a few times and it's a lot of fun. The only caveat is that it can get busy during the weekdays after work so you'll have to make reservations a few days in advance.

The way it works is that you have to be a member of the NY rec center ($70 for 6 months- cheap!) which gives you access to all the facilities including pool,gym, basketball in locations all over NYC. Then you have to purchase a punch card for hourly play and you reserve the courts with the punchcard access number. I have a punchcard that I can share for now if there anyone that wants to play.

I'm looking for an intermediate person (sorry no beginners!) male or female to play with. Bonus if you live in Queens and have a car. It's MUCH easier to get out there that way. I generally don't plan a few days ahead to play, but am willing to try going right when they open (6-7am) and get a solid hour in and still have time to get home/shower/train to work. Other times could also be early morning on the weekends. I could do after work around 7-8pm, but again, that means reserving 2-3 days in advance, which I never seem to have the foresight to do. Thursdays could potentially work for me from 7-8am, or after 6pm.

If you're interested, please let me know. Itching to find someone to play with this fall/winter. Please shoot me a text at 347-688-8788. Hope to hear from you!

Thanks,
Jason.

Below is the address, you can call them/check out the site online.

Al Oerter Recreation Center
Recreation Center Membership Information and Holiday Schedule
131-40 Fowler Avenue
Flushing, New York 11355
Located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Center Manager: Dannette Leininger
Deputy Center Manager: Nelson Fung & Ken Conyers
Phone: (718) 353-7853
Fax: (718) 353-7687
Cross Streets: Fowler Avenue and College Point Boulevard.
Directions: Bus, Train, Car, Bicycle and Walking Directions to Al Oerter Recreation Center by Google Maps
This is an Accessible Recreation Center.
Jason C.
user 11129440
Forest Hills, NY
Post #: 10
I saw this from an old posting :

For those that have not been rated, a typical C-Level player has played a lot at some given point in time (college, local gym, local ladder), might still play occasionally (few times a year), and is looking to get back into the swing of things. A typical B-level player has excellent control of all types of shot, and can kill the ball at will. I want to be strict about skill level for this ladder as this is the majority of players. If there is demand to open up the levels to beginner or high B, I will try and accommodate.

I would consider myself a solid C, maybe C+.......definitely not a B yet, by the above definition.