The New York Roof Deck and Roof Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › Upcoming meetup Thurs April 14--need a gardener

Upcoming meetup Thurs April 14--need a gardener

Peter W.
user 5165404
New York, NY
Hi Roofgardeners,

I haven't posted it yet, (insanely busy) but we're setting up a roofdeck meetup for Thurs, April 14 on the upper West Side, limited to about 40 people. Based on member feedback, we're trying something new this time--having a 20-30 minute live demonstration of gardening techniques. Some of my regular experience roof gardeners will be away that night, so I'm looking for volunteer(s). Potential demo topics: how to do a container plant, or how to prune an existing one, a general talk about feeding and watering, etc. I am hoping one of you experts will volunteer your skills. If you have the urge to be our gardener for this event, please email me with your idea.

Peter
Jim F.
user 9984039
New York, NY
Post #: 8
Peter,

Sorry to be out of the loop this spring -- I'm taking classes to get certified as a public school teacher, which has made my schedule rather full -- but I think I can make this meeting, and if you can't find someone, I could probably do pruning or tropicals on roofdecks, if either of those sound good. Hope you're well, and let me know what you think!

Jim
Kathy
polarican
New York, NY
Post #: 23
Looking forward to meetup....I've been tossing around the plan to start some tomatoes from seed but need some help with inspiration and logistics!