add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The New York Roof Deck and Roof Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › Spring Planning: Let's talk about Plants

Spring Planning: Let's talk about Plants

user 8905042
New York, NY
Post #: 1
The daylight will begin to lengthen again and for this, i give Thanks! A lot of the flora on my Terrace are experiencing their first Winter season, so i'm watching and studying them carefully. I did a couple of massive Transplants (my Prairie Fire Crab Apple tree, for one) , this fall and am ever hopeful that the roots, with all the temperate weather that we've had, are fattening up and getting ready to take on the World, come Spring.
Do any of you folks, 'Root Prune' your containerized trees?
I am also, in my reverie, planning my Spring time, Vertical Take Over. My idle time is awash with all things Clematis- the Queen of the Vines. I found some good suppliers of 3 year old root stock and am attempting to design a aesthetic and functional planter situation, in which they will thrive!
Have any of you built anything out of that PVC lumber-esk stuff?
Any way...Let's chat!