The New York Roof Deck and Roof Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › Eggplant overload and first harvest!

Eggplant overload and first harvest!

Josh
user 36422552
Brooklyn, NY
Quick update on the roofgarden.
Prior to going out of town I installed shade netting and setup my new and improved watering system.  Last year - around this time, my watering system failed and during that heatwave, everything wilted.  This year - different story.  I'm still fine-tuning the watering system (Orbit timer and soaker hose) and everything seems to be ok ('cept the midget watermelons - they didn't make it -Dang it).
The most prolific are the eggplants (Pinstripe, Hansel, Fairy Tale) - check out pics and First official harvest below.
Whats in your garden?

Fairy Tale eggplant, Cherry Tomatoes, jalapenos, Haricot Vert beans, 1 Chinese chili pepper and Ground Cherries in the middle!

A former member
Post #: 5
Congratulations!!!! This is fantastic. Now all we need is for you to host a harvest dinner for the the next batch. That eggplant looks mighty tasty!
gina
user 12495511
New York, NY
Post #: 8
The eggplants are gorgeous!

My Red Malabar Spinach seedlings are doing very well- need to build several trellises to grow them the way I've seen at Wave Hill. Hops vine is finally taking, and the grapes...are still there, still don'tlook like anything but bird food- which is fine. All is relatiely well, except for the continuing attack by caterpillars of some sort, on the gorgeous blue cabbage.