The New York Roof Deck and Roof Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Very West Village, charming-funky roofdeck meeting, Wed.

New Meetup: Very West Village, charming-funky roofdeck meeting, Wed. Jun 16, 7 pm.

Peter W.
user 5165404
New York, NY
Announcing a new Meetup for The New York Roofdeck and Roofgardening Meetup Group!

What: Very West Village, charming-funky roofdeck meeting, Wed. June 16 at 7 -8:30 pm.

When: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Automatic Slim
733 Washington Street, corner Bank St. Greenwich Village
New York, NY 10014

Hello Group.
The call for roofdecks produced some great results and we now have a meetup scheduled to see a filled-with-character roofdeck garden in Greenwich Village, near the water.
We are scheduling the meetup at a bar/restaurant in the area, less than a block from the deck, and if you reserve a space, I'll will notify you individually by email to provide you the exact address of the roofdeck. The building itself is a walkup, e.g., no elevator.
As always, carry my phone number 1 917 747 7821 and call with any questions.

The view from this deck is fascinating architecturally; garden is both pretty and variegated. We are capping the meetup at 20 people at the owners' preference. Please reserve. There will be an automatic waiting list.
If you do reserve a spot, please show up or remove your name early so that I can open it up to other gardening enthusiasts.
The mix of plants on this deck are annual, perennial, vines and in some cases, planted by air (cool!) and the owners have done a great deal of work with aged bricks, thick wooden beams and customized hardware to make the deck a real visual pleasure. In one word, charming, as the Village should be, with a little unique funky design work that creates an enviable urban roof environment.

Weather: Keep my phone number and check back to our site at Meetup.com for a cancellation announcement if the weather happens to be looking real bad on the afternoon of the 16th. In case of cancellation, we will almost certainly re-arrange for a visit to this fantastic deck a week later.

Hope to see some of you on the 16th at 7pm. We may retire to Automatic Slim for some refreshments afterwards at 8:30 pm.

To wrap up, if you can't make it to this one, we'll be scheduling other roofdeck visits in the coming weeks. Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to share their piece of sky and green splendor with others.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­