Announcing a new Meetup for The New York Skydiving Meetup Group!
What: August 9 skydive!
When: August 9,[masked]:00 AM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: We will leave for the DZ (drop zone) at 7:00am and arrive by 10:00am. We're fighting both Six Flags traffic and Atlantic City traffic and need to make sure we have plenty of time to get to Cross Keys for the 10am class. We will be leaving no later than 7:00am so it's important that you are on time- we'd hate to have to leave someone behind but we'd hate to miss our jumps even more!
Please do expect to spend the entire day at Cross Keys. Time permitting, we may stop for dinner on the way home. We should be back to the city by 10pm, followed by an optional trip to a local bar in Manhattan for some much-deserved refreshments. :)
We're looking for volunteers to drive (either their own vehicles or a rental).
Details about when/where we will meet will be discussed a few days prior to the event.
1. Must bring photo ID to prove you are over 18 years old
2. Make sure you meet the weight requirements (weigh less than 250lbs)
3. Plan on spending several hours at the DZ- bring your patience and lots of witty conversation!
4. Food and drinks can be purchased at Cross Keys and there's plenty of shady areas to hang out in while we wait.
5. Please call Cross Keys and reserve your tandem jump before finalizing your RSVP here. If you don't have a tandem reservation, you will not jump.
6. We need to work out transportation details. Typically we carpool, either in a member's car or via rental car. Please let me know if you have a car and you're willing to carpool with some members, or if you are willing to drive a rental. All members accepting rides are expected to pitch in to cover gas, tolls, and car rental fees (if applicable). Please have cash handy for these fees. The final transportation details will be shared 2 days prior to the event.
7. When you RSVP YES, this means that you have either made a tandem reservation or that you aren't jumping tandem. Tandem students: don't RSVP Yes until you have made your reservation!
8. Have a question I didn't address here? Please check out our Message Board for more info.
Learn more here:http://skydiving.meetup.com/28/calendar/8384327/