align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Newham Cat Society Message Board › poorly kitten

poorly kitten

Kelly
user 84240812
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Guys I have recently brought a new kitten she is only 6 weeks old so still living with the breeder, mum cat and litter mates at the moment. I am a bit worried as I had a text from the breeder saying she has gone from eating solids really well to all of a sudden stop eating solids and gone back to just mothers milk now and again and also she has developed some diarheoa. The breeder was concerned so took her to vets she has had an injection of antibiotics and been put on noroclav for 5 days. I am a bit worried as she is only 6weeks old and all of the other kittens are all well and eating solids and had no problems. Do you no if its quite common or what could be causin it ?????? thanks x Kelly
Sally
user 2304549
London, GB
Post #: 5
Hi Kelly,

Im really sorry but I only just saw that you had posted this - so apologies for the delay in responding. I have sent an email to all members hoping that they can offer some advice?
I have never had a cat so young, so am not sure really. Kittens get bad tummies with a change in diet so its not that uncommon I doubt - but as I say Im not sure and nor about injections etc.
Hopefully someone else can help.
Mean while you could try posting on the pet forum of digitalspy which I always find helpful
http://forums.digital...­

Or this one

http://www.purrsinour...­

Hope the little girl gets sorted out soon!

Sally
Amanda
user 83190502
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Kelly

It is quite common in kittens, particularly ones from breeders. But she's being treated and so she should be fine. I'm not sure when you're planning to take her but she shouldn't leave her mother until she's eight weeks ideally, so she's got plenty of time to get over this and I wouldn't worry.

Incidentally one of the most active cat forums seems to be this one (where I am a very regular poster and there are also a couple of vets who answer queries): http://www.mumsnet.co...­

Amanda
Kelly
user 84240812
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi guys
thanks for your replies, good news I had text from the breeder who says after a few days of the antibiotics her diarhoea has stopped and she has started again on solid foods which is brilliant news. I think i was just panicking and wanted to check that it was normal as she such a young kitten. I wont be picking her up probably until 9weeks plus, the breeder is very good and wants to ensure she is eating properly and achieving all her milestones. Thanks for the advice and reassurance and thanks for the other links there is no doubt with such a young kitten i will probably find lots of things I need advice on.
Thanks Again
Kelly x
Sally
user 2304549
London, GB
Post #: 6
Glad you feel better Kelly and Im glad that Amanda was able to help - Thanks!

Ill look forward to meeting you next week - you have come to the right place for advice ;-)

Sally