Oahu Photographers and Models Message Board › Organizer dues & keeping the group going!

Organizer dues & keeping the group going!

Barbie E.
user 14497231
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 1
I didn't pay the dues because I don't know what the dues are going towards.
Kane
user 5467072
Honolulu, HI
I paid through PayPal. I don't know where it's going for also, however I do know that cost (whatever it is) went to Debra and I'm just paying back. Do I get bennies such as first shoot bennies? ;)

debra
user 13619367
Group Organizer
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 25
The "dues" are going to offset the $72, every 6 months, that Meetup charges to maintain the group. You should be able to see how much has been collected under the "Group Tools" tab, and then the "Money" option. If there's more than $72 collected in a 6 month time period, it'll stay there, and then get used to pay for another 6 months.

As far as benefits...well...*laugh*...we'll see what we can do!
A former member
Post #: 11
Hi Debra,

I must have not read the "where to pay part" because I want to reimburse you! I'm back in AK but, plan to visit and also maintain in contact through this great group. ;)
Jen
debra
user 13619367
Group Organizer
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 26
Could someone help answer Jennifer's question? (Since I don't know the answer!) *laugh* I tried to find the spot mentioned in an earlier post, but I wasn't able to find it. Anyone?

Thanks!
madmarv
madmarv
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 18
Click on the Pay Online button in the navigation bar to the left of this message. See the screen caps below:

This will take you to a Paypal login page where you can complete the payment.
debra
user 13619367
Group Organizer
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 27
Thank you! I'm glad we have some techno-savvy people here!!!! laughing
A former member
Post #: 6
It would make more sense to pay 10 dollars for a whole year. That's kind of what other groups do. That way extra money can go towards equipment and such.
debra
user 13619367
Group Organizer
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 50
The $5 is a "suggested" amount. It can be more, it can be less, it's whatever anyone is comfortable with. So far, I've been able to cover the dues with what I've collected, but there hasn't been anything left over. **It's not a complaint, I promise!!!**

That's the only place the money goes to, so it's up to each person whether or not they want to contribute...there's NO pressure!!!
A former member
Hi Debra,

First of all, I just want to say thank you for taking up the role as "Organizer" of this group!

Currently there are 247 members! If you take into account that EVERYONE had paid their dues during their initial sign up, this would automatically generate $1,235 income. This amount can help cover the charges on your credit card for at least 8 years! I think you should give people a time period or a deadline of when the dues should be paid. If they don't meet the deadline, you can remove them from the group. Of course, we should give them several reminders before the due date. Just a thought, what do you think?

Since we pay the $5 fee via PayPal, would it be possible to pay the $1 (or the suggested amount) collected at each meet-up on PayPal as well? Actually, $1 is not even worth paying by card. If you have a method of manually inputting payment information on our profiles, then that would be great! I'm just the type of person that likes to look at reports. In this case, I would like to see a list of meet-ups I've attended along with the fees paid. Hope I'm making myself clear.

-Natalie