Permaculture is a way to consciously design landscapes that mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature and yield an abundance of food, fiber, and energy for local needs.”
~ David Holmgren, Co-Founder of Permaculture
Interested in growing nutritious, organic veggies? Want to care for chickens in your backyard? Want to reduce your power and water bills? Need to know how to build healthy soils? Want to be a part of a more connected community?
Then a short one day Introduction to Permaculture Course is for you.
Permaculture design – the ethics, principles and design process – is based on living systems. This workshop contains a mixture of theory and hands-on exercises that will prepare you with the fundamentals of permaculture.
This course will support you with methods and strategies to have a positive impact on the environment, boost food productivity in your own yard, designing to maximize water efficiency, and reducing energy usage and costs at home.
- Permaculture ethics
- Design principles
- Patterns in nature
- Zones and sectors
- Design process overview, mini design exercise
- Forest gardens, plant guilds, polycultures, sheet mulching, chop and drop
- Organic garden hands-on and seed starting
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Grey Water Systems
- Soil Building and Composting
- Growing Fruit Trees and Orchards
- How can you use Permaculture practically in your life, home, garden, land or community, whatever your situation
- Plus Practical tips, including; reading your land, saving energy, year round food from your garden and how to use your weeds….
The hours and cost can be applied as credit towards the full Permaculture Design Course offered by the Green Education Center in October 2013.
Healthy locally grown meals provided.
Location: Econ Farm Orlando Florida 32833
Time: March 30 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Class size limited to 12 students so Register today!