Testing the waters to see if there will be interest. This is not a regular street photography meetup. There will be several objectives in addition to information regarding camera settings, composition strategies and challenges.
This meetup is targeted to those ready and willing to step out of their comfort zone and take street to the next level.
Here are some of the objectives:
• Key concepts covered by Eric Kim
• Developing the creative eye
• Approaching people (various techniques)
• Camera settings in various scenarios
• Post processing: We will stop at a coffee shop and I'll break out my laptop to demonstrate my post processing suggestions and tools I use
• You are encouraged to bring something to write on to take notes
• Challenges that is going to push you outside of your comfort zone. This is the ONLY way to truly improve if you're serious. Otherwise, you'll be forever taking pictures of static objects like flowers and building.
We will NOT be branching off doing our own thing. We will be sticking together while we complete the exercises. I love street photography and keeping the group small and intimate so we can do more one on one.
• Beginners+ welcomed (Advanced photographers and paid professionals, this might not be a target meetup for you) We will be discussing exposure triad, rule of thirds and other compositional techniques that will various with the changing light, scenes and subject.
• Digital camera (only for instant review) with a 50mm lens or less
• No tripods
• Flash is optional but we can use if you bring one.
• Must have a good attendance record (not more than 2 no-shows for past meetups)