This is not a regular street photography meetup. I have prepared custom content collected over many years. I will take you to a secret indoor location where we will sit down and spend the first two hours going over theory, discussions, tricks and tips that are not obvious but will spot when you go shooting with advanced streetogs.
If you're too scared to approach people, awesome! This workshop is for you. I guarantee that in the third hour when we hit the street and practise what you've learned, your courage will be up 1000%.
I will coordinate a date with those who RSVP. If we get more than three people signed up, I will create a multiple separate dates and match the group with similar skill levels. I limit this workshop to three people at a time only.
There is a ton of content. You are encouraged to take notes. Don't worry, it's not all techy stuff. Some of it you will be quiet surprised and find humorous.
Here are some of the objectives:
• Key concepts covered by Eric Kim
• Developing the creative eye (referencing Magnum Photographers)
• Approaching people (various techniques)
• Camera settings in various scenarios
• Post processing: I'll break out my laptop to demonstrate my post processing suggestions and tools I use
We will NOT be branching off doing our own thing in the third hour. We will be sticking together while we complete the exercises. I love street photography and keeping the group small and intimate so we can do more one on one.
• Beginners+ welcomed (Advanced photographers and paid professionals, this might not be a target meetup for you) Some of the content includes exposure triad, rule of thirds and other compositional ingredients that will vary with the changing light, scenes and subject in the urban landscape.
• Camera. Lens focal length would be best 50mm or lower.
• No tripods
• Flash is optional but we can use it if you bring one.
I am charging a non-refundable fee of $10 if you don't show up to the agreed scheduled workshop. I am not doing this for the money and trying to prevent no-shows. I will work out a schedule in groups of 3 people at a time if the date is not good for you.