A place of your choosing. This is a virtual assignment meaning that there is no meeting place. You will start snapping now to collect your best shots to upload in our event gallery, January 5th. This contest is for our group only who RSVP.
Try to best capture an image that says "Home is where the heart is". This can mean anything from the house itself to family related photos. Try to be as creative and original as possible. I won't post an example photo as I don't want to bias anyone's ideas. The winning photos will be chosen by Jane and Jon Pick. There is no official gathering for this challenge. You are encouraged to discuss ideas, ask questions and help others through the discussion section of this meet-up. The winning photos must be taken between November 16th and January 5th. On January 5th, this meetup event will allow you to start posting your photos. You will have two weeks after the posted date to upload all your photos. January 20th, the winning photos will be announced by me (judged by Jane and John Pick) through a group email. So sign up and start snapping something that says "Home is where the heart is". You don't have to be a pro! Good luck!
Jane and Jon (from Royal LePage - http://www.jjpick.com) have graciously offered prizes for this challenge. The top three photos will be published in a printed newsletter that is mailed out and also on the their website! You will be able to then say you're a "published" photographer!
$100.00 Gift card for the Keg Mansion Restaurant
Gift basket valued at $50.00
$25.00 Gift card for Empire Theatres
- Beginners to advanced.
- You have nothing to loose to try and everything to gain by pushing yourself
- Your camera settings are posted with your uploaded picture on this meetup gallery
- You can enter multiple photos
- With each picture you post, you must also explain how it captures the theme. This will force you to think about what you upload.
- Photos must be uploaded within two weeks of the published closing date of this meetup. Photos uploaded on or after January 19th will not be eligible for the prizes. You are encouraged to keep posting just like a regular meetup however.
- Winning photos are permitted to be published in Jane and Jon's newsletter and website
- Photos must be taken after <announcement date>
- Must be a paid-up member of this photography meetup group.
- Original / Maximum resolution of the three winning photographs to be sent to John and Jane Pick to be published on their website and printed newsletter.
- Winning photos of people will need signed model release forms that allows for the publication of the photo online and in the printed newsletter.