Oz R.
user 94004472
Oxford, MA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone! I just signed up and have never been to a meetup, and I'm not actually sure how it even works :P

As I'm sure you guys know, there haven't been many clear nights, so I've only been out a handful of times...and I'm floored everytime I look at the sky. I had goosebumps the first time I saw Jupiter, I was completely amazed!

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys still meetup; I'd love to join. I tried collimating my scope and made a horrible mess of it.
A former member
Post #: 35
yes
dissapointing so far..was hoping there would be more actual observing events as opposed to class room stuff..

Would love to camp out in western MA and observe / socialize
Nitin
user 40467062
Westborough, MA
Post #: 1
I have been to a couple of class room setting type discussions held at Oxford. I found them to be very engaging and intelligent. They even had a NASA Alum/MIT professor talk for 90 minutes about the SUN.
I have always had a very keen interest in the space around us, looking to buy a telescope but would love to get out in the field with the veterans, get a feel for what might work best for me.
It would be great if we could have a field meet up scheduled during summer.
A former member
Post #: 36

I just suggested a meetup..no takers yet...I'll give it a couple more days.
Nitin
user 40467062
Westborough, MA
Post #: 2

I just suggested a meetup..no takers yet...I'll give it a couple more days.
I am interested, what did you have in mind?