The People You Meet Message Board › Group News

Group News

user 3051247
Madison Heights, MI
Hi everyone! I'm emailing you today to go over some things about our group & Meetup. First, many of you may not realize that I pay a monthly fee to simply have the group on this site. Second, I want to appreciate all the hard work all of the Organizers do to ensure a great time is had by all; researching events, phone calls, scheduling, hosting, following up with venues/members, often having to use our own money for security deposits, printing items, parking/driving to meet with contacts at venues, etc.. Third, we have had too many last minute cancellations or no shows at events, which has resulted in venues no longer allowing group reservations, overstaffed because we have made reservations, and sometimes charges by venues.

Your annual dues help cover some of the above, but out of 454 members, we only have 80 people who are current with them! Our last Meet-n-greet had almost 100 people signed up, yet only about 60 came, and yesterday we had 27 as of Fri., but only 12 that ended up going. So, after much deliberation, I am going to start charging a minimal fee to RSVP for any event except Meet-n-Greets beginning April 16th. This will be non-refundable! Anyone with 2+ no shows or have been to 2 events without having paid their membership dues will be unable to RSVP unless they contact me directly and/or pay their dues. If you pay for an event where tickets or entry have been paid for ahead of time, you will only receive a refund if you or the organizer can find someone to take your place.

Feel free to email me with any questions. I thank you for your cooperation, and look forward to seeing each of In The Company of Others!

- Amy