addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Philadelphia Vegetarian Social Club Message Board › PVSC costs/support/donation

PVSC costs/support/donation

Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 15
Hi Friendly Vegetarians!

I started the Philadelphia Vegetarian Social Club on December 27, 2011, with a six-month "float the balloon" idea and paid $72 to meetup.com to get the group up and running. I wasn't sure whether there would be much of an interest in a vegetarian meetup group in a town that is famous for its meat sandwiches!

In six months, we have had 20 events and our membership has steadily increased. I feel this is a fun group activity and I have received more ideas for events from many of you recently; I assure you I will be scheduling them soon! I have also met many friendly faces and shared nice meals with people who care, and just overall, running this group seems to have enriched my life with nice experiences and people.

I am continuing the group by paying $72 for another six months, due by June 27, 2012. I know that some of you have already given me donations in the past, and I appreciate that gesture of support, so thank! I will be happy to take $1 from others at future events, but it is not a requirement; give if you feel like it.

Thanks, and see you at future events!

Himanshu
tina h.
tinahorowitz
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 3
I'll be more than happy to donaet!
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 16
I'll be more than happy to donaet!

Thanks, Tina! You already donated once, so I appreciate it! Would rather that others give as well. :)

Sharon R.
sfwelfair
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 21
I will give as well.. I think it is only fair!
Sharon
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 17
Thanks, Sharon!
Jenna
Keswyn
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 15
I think its more than fair to ask for a donation at each event..
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 23
Thanks, Jenna. You do have a point there.
Gina R.
user 13601043
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 2
i'm happy to donate each time i attend an event. i can't remember if i donated at the first meet up.
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 26
Thanks, Gina! I think you and Scott already gave the very first time. Appreciate it! :)
A former member
Post #: 7
Hey, Himanshu!

I think a lot of organizers are realizing the regular costs of keeping a group like this up. A $1 or $2 per event suggested donation I think is MORE thank fair, and I'd be more than happy to do my part when I attend. :o)