Jenna
Keswyn
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 20
Hey Everyone,

I keep thinking about that A hole who opened fire on that Sikh community and I want to do something to show my solidarity, support and care about Sikhs in the US.

Sikhs as part of their religious practice, offer a free to whoever shows up community vegetarian meal called a Langar. I think this is such a wonderful and beautiful thing they do and I know there are some Sikh communities in/around Philly. I was thinking about calling up a local community to see if I could and my friends could come volunteer to help make the meal as an act of solidarity.

Would anyone be interested in coming with me?
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 34
That is a very thoughtful thing to do, Jenna. I would be interested in helping out. Perhaps we can do this as a meetup event? I believe some of our group members may know more about local Sikh congregations and perhaps help us get in touch.
Carla M.
user 11357216
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 4
Hey Everyone,

I keep thinking about that A hole who opened fire on that Sikh community and I want to do something to show my solidarity, support and care about Sikhs in the US.

Sikhs as part of their religious practice, offer a free to whoever shows up community vegetarian meal called a Langar. I think this is such a wonderful and beautiful thing they do and I know there are some Sikh communities in/around Philly. I was thinking about calling up a local community to see if I could and my friends could come volunteer to help make the meal as an act of solidarity.

Would anyone be interested in coming with me?
Jenna, I think that's a beautiful idea. I would be interested in coming with you to volunteer and show solidarity with the Sikh community.
tina h.
tinahorowitz
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 7
Same here!
Jenna
Keswyn
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 21
ok so i called the Philadelphia Sikh Society and they told me that they dont really think we could help out with the langar but we were welcome to come to one of their services on sunday from 12-2 and to call before we come. It was kind of a difficult discussion because I think they were a little confused as to what we were trying to do. I told the gentelman labeled as Secretary to keep me and my friends in mind for anything they have coming up as we would love to show our support and solidarity of their community. So does anyone want to come to a service with me? I have a feeling if we come we might be asked to speak so a speech of some type would be appropriate? what are your thoughts?
Gina R.
user 13601043
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 7
i'm interested, though with the way i work, who knows if i can make it. i'd try, though!