The Philadelphia Vegetarian Social Club Message Board › Our group's new Facebook page!

Our group's new Facebook page!

Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 52
Hi Friendly Vegetarians!

Since we have grown over the past 10 months from just a handful to now close to 300 (and we haven't stopped growing--we keep adding a few members each week!), I thought we needed more ways to keep you all involved. Remember that one of the purposes of this meetup group is to generate a sense of community among Philly's vegetarian/vegan community. What better way to do that than to use one more online platform to connect people-- this way, you can stay connected with people you meet at our meetup events, or make new connections via the facebook page.

You can also use the facebook page to share recipes, share news about veg lifestyle-- new events, new restaurants, author book signings, movie screenings, etc.

Basically, I hope that the facebook page of the PVSC will be an extension of the meetup community and help those who use it.

So without further ado, here is the web site:

https://www.facebook....­

You can "like" the page and then follow it-- and also use it by posting ideas and events as well. Remember to be proactive!

Judi S.
user 49814892
Abington, PA
Post #: 10
Yikes, I must be the only one in the workd with no Facebook page!
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 53
Judi, you're not the only one-- rest assured! :)

No pressure to join facebook, we will still continue to use this web site as our main base of operations, obviously. Having a facebook page just gives us more opportunities to connect with one another and get others interested in this group too.
Himanshu
aggieliberal
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 55
The Facebook page is in fact just a "page" as it turns out. Facebook has other options for groups to interact better using their technology platform. The "page" format does not allow for updates to show up on your own facebook "home" screen, so I will work to make a "Groups" site for us on facebook-- that way, each time it gets updated, you will get a notification if you have joined the Group, and you will be able to stay in touch better.