addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Philadelphia Vegetarian Social Club Message Board › Thanksgiving Tofurkey Recipes?

Thanksgiving Tofurkey Recipes?

Amanda M
user 58221652
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 3
Hi Everyone!

So as Thanksgiving approaches, I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or recipes on how to cook a Tofurkey or the Quorn faux Turkey roll? I tried cooking the Tofurkey according to the box instructions last year and was not that impressed with the results (came out a bit dry and tasteless, though I will admit I think it was cooked at the wrong temperature. Oops!) Also if anyone has a good vegan or Vegetarian stuffing recipe, I would be open to suggestions for that as well. Thanks!

-Amanda M
Jill
user 55444522
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 7
Did you do the recipe with the orange juice and soy sauce? I actually find that to be not that bad. I know that Gardein is coming out with a "turkey" loaf this year. There stuff is usually pretty good. Haven't seen it in any stores yet though.
Amanda M
user 58221652
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 4
Orange Juice and Soy sauce? Hmm haven't heard of that. All we did was put a bunch of vegetables and herbs in the pan with a bit of oil. Where can I find this recipe?
Judi S.
user 49814892
Abington, PA
Post #: 11
I skip the vegetables but do the soy sause marinade that the box suggestes abd it's not bad. My ex-husband, who is a meat-eater, thinks it's good!
Jill
user 55444522
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 9
Yea as Judi said the soy sauce recipe is somewhere on the box.
Judi S.
user 49814892
Abington, PA
Post #: 12
One warning about the Tofurky. In my opinion, and that of my daughter as well, the gravy that is sold with the Tofurky is REALLY bad. I advise not wasting your money on the one with the gravy if you can find the one without it.
Amanda M
user 58221652
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 5
I actually ended up getting the gardein holiday roast and it was REALLY GOOD! better than the Tofurkey I think. Plus I used the glaze and roasting recipe on the box, which helped :)