Sara P.
user 18687571
Philadelphia, PA
Healthy food is used for decorations and kids' projects and then discarded as though everyone in the world, including our own back yard, has enough of it. They don't.
If you (or neighbor, friend, colleague)  purchased pumpkins or related squashes to use as decorations that are still edible, will you please let me know?  I will be happy to pick them up and see that they get used for food.  At this time, any pumpkins should still be perfect for eating, as long as they don't have faces carved in them (in which case, they are now rotting and squirrels, stray cats and birds are mauling them).
If this works out and I get enough pumpkins, I will get them to various shelters and food programs this year.  If it really works out and I can figure out how to do it, I hope to make it a bigger, city-wide event eventually.  Maybe we can make this our loving contribution to the city next year?  Thoughts?
Who says we can't have our cake (pumpkin decorations) and eat it too?