Dear Fellow Thinkers
Please feel free to join us for a round table discussion over dinner at our next meeting on Tuesday, April 2 at Imperial Hotel. It will be an opportunity to explore your ideas on presentation topics for the rest of the year
There are so many subjects of interest we could discuss but not much time in the calendar year to cover all of them so this way we can narrow it down a bit to reflect the interests of our group.
Here are some ideas we can discuss for instance:
• The future sustainability of Australia based on mining and agriculture economy, its capacity to grow as a country under the auspices of USA and Europe or Asian emerging powers.
• The idea of God, latent in a world in which there is always a struggle between religions and powers to dominate other nations.
• The overwhelming virtual realities that slowly but surely are detaching us from close human contact and nature’s experiences.
• The information overload that we deal with on a daily basis that makes us somehow slaves to classifying it without much time to enjoy the meaning of its small bits.
• Ethics as seen by powers and bank owners or by citizens and tax payers.
• Medicine advances - should clients have access to medications and techniques that improve our lives at an affordable cost or is it going to be regulated by the law of demand and supply, to be enjoyed by the highest bidder?
• Is there a solution to see the end of wars or is behind them the never ending interest in exploitation that countries in conflict have scheduled in their agendas?
Please, consider these are ideas but not the definite ones as I would like to brainstorm while we munch our food and refresh our stomachs so we can collect as many interesting ideas about topics as possible.
Time 7pm, ground floor at Imperial Hotel, Paddington April 2. You will be able to order your diner and drinks.