“The Philosophers Corner” Message Board › Tone Wheeler's presentation comments.

Tone Wheeler's presentation comments.

This message board is read-only.

Alec
user 8646896
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Post #: 55
Dear philosophers and thinkers,

Last night we had architect and advocate Tone Wheeler who delivered an interesting presentation titled 'How the green karma will run over the brown dogma'. He was incredibly informative, delivering a speech full of detailed information, he really compressed what people can read in many books in only 35 minutes of presentation time and on the extended 45 minutes for questions and comments.

Tone is a pleasant fellow, social and with a lot of common sense, a thing that was noticed by everyone during his  presentation and really engaged well with the public.
For those ones that may have wondered why I had an architect presenting about the way our buildings and cities should be designed, I’d make a reference to the branches of philosophy that deal with Arts and Politics, we cannot ignore the tremendous impact, either artistic or pragmatical, that the designers of our cities have on their inhabitants and how that affects our social interaction and even more elicits what we called revolutions in the past or social reforms during current times that shape the way we behave and how much freedom we enjoy. Our homes, our cities and our public spaces make up the places where we relate to each other, spend our lives and make individuals feel part of the bigger society.

I am currently looking for a venue for the months of November and December to have our next two meetings, as our sponsors Ariel would desperately need the space for the busy upcoming season.

I encourage any of our members to feel free to suggest where we could meet and if is viable to hold a meeting in the suggested place for about 80 attendees.

Regards,
Jes (Founder)