The Phoenix Washington Redskins Meetup Group Message Board › Home Sweet Home!!

Home Sweet Home!!

Joe D.
Terrapinjoe56
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 20
Yes Gang,

It is time once again, to discuss where we want to gather to watch our beloved Redskins. the current home is The Arena Sports Grill on 64th ST and Bell Rd. This has been our home for 5 years, and they have treated us well. However, our Meetup members come from all over the valley and the trip may be daunting for some. With that in mind, I ask the question annually, Where do you guys want to meet? A more central location that would generate more turnout would be awesome. Just keep in mind that if we change spots we must pick a spot where we can:

A.) Get sound
B.) the establishment will hold our spots regardless of attendance flucuations.

Currently, Arena, will hold our spots whether we have 25 members attending or 3. (Ye, this has happened) and we always have sound. So any spot we pick will require consistency from us. But that being said i hope that we have some good suggestions this year and lets try to nail down this year's location by the end of this month. Arena has not kicked us out but if as a group we choose a different location then thats where we should go? Waiting for those suggestions so..........LETS HEAR EM!
Luke G.
user 14138761
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
Hello. Just joined the group. I just moved out here from Maryland (lived in Gaithersburg then Frederick). That location works just fine for me. To be honest I'm more worried about being able to watch the game than I am about the location! HTTR
Teresa M.
user 23676861
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Joe, thanks in advance for continuing to organize my Sundays during the Fall! While I admit that Arena is very convenient for me, I am willing to travel to another location if it means we will get a better attendance. Unfortunately I am not familiar with many other options so will leave the suggestions to others in the know. I can hardly wait to watch RGIII in action -- Hail to the Redskins!
A former member
Post #: 7
I'm up for Arena again this year. I know I was AWOL last year but this year will be different. Plus my girlfriend lives real close so that makes this location better for me. The only other place would be Blue 32 at Val Vista and Williams Field Rd. and that wouldn't work for 90% of the group. So my vote is Arena.

Dante
A former member
I mentioned Feeny's a couple of years ago. I've been going there at least 10 years. The owner is a Redskins fan, and all the TVs are on the Redskins. No other teams even show up. They are near SR51 and Bethany Home Road (12th Street and Maryland). There's a regular crowd that has been there at least as long as me, and each year newbies come and go. I'm not suggesting you folks relocate your Meetup, but maybe you can keep it in mind as an alternative if you're not up for the drive to the regular place. There will always be a group of Redskins fans there with sound. It's great when the whole place sings Hail to the Redskins.
Omari
user 2639452
Tempe, AZ
Post #: 2
Looking forward to watching the games & catching up with the Meetup Group this season!!!

Coming from the East Valley the Arena Sports Grill is far, but I had no clue they were able to guarantee a spot and provide sound no matter the audience size (its been challenging trying to find something like that in the East Valley). I would like for it to be a little more central, but thinking that if we can't get another place with similar service then maybe we do a Carpool from the East Valley to have more people come out.

Granted, you were looking for locations, but none come to mind, so I thought I'd offer another suggestion :-)
matt
user 3125170
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 7
I'm still in Gilbert and I know there are several fans in the southeast Valley but I imagine its far for quite a few people. The few of us down here may still meet, but I'm sure at least I will make it to whatever location is chosen a few times this season! Hail!!
Bob
user 8256730
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 2
Put me down for staying at Arena. A little selfish, because it is close for me, but I also think they've treated us well, even when our crowd was a little smaller than we'd like. Funny how that seems to happen as the Skins have faded from payoff contention . . . Hoping that won't be the case this year!
Mary
user 9025980
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 6
Hi Joe,

I personally like Arena but that's because it's convenient and they make us feel welcome. I also like the food! I would be open to moving to the Feeny's place mentioned if that's the majority vote because if they already have a Redskin fan presence we could just lend our voices to theirs when we all sing "Hail to the Redskins"!

I personally am looking forward to seeing RGIII this year and as always before the start of the season...have high hopes! Let's hope this year they are not dashed.

Thanks again for all your organization of this group! Hi to Penny!

Mary Huston
Ray
roguetrader
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 34
I'm in Gilbert and it would be better if the location was closer, like Tempe, but its more important to me that we have dedicated sound.

its when the games move to 10 oclock that the distance matters to me. if my gym opened earlier than 7 on sundays it wouldnt be an issue.