The Phoenix Washington Redskins Meetup Group Message Board › Update on the health of the Arena server and a possible fundraiser

Update on the health of the Arena server and a possible fundraiser

Joe D.
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 23

While yesterdays results were disappointing for us redskins fans, it was a much realer and worse day for those of us who know Kerrie Cathey, the server that fell out at Arena and was transported to Mayo by ambulance. Kerrie has been working at Arena for at least 16 years and has often been our server for Meetups. She is the one that makes sure that each week our TV and tables are set and ready to go. She has always been a great person and even better server. She is currently in ICU and has been placed a medically induced coma. It is unknown at this time her prognosis. We will know more tomorrow. The family wishes to extend their deepest gratitude for the health professionals that were on hand yesterday and made a difference in Kerrie's immediate health. I just thank God that you all were in the crowd. Your actions, all of you, may have saved her life.

In response, Meetup member Peter Newton has suggested we do another Meetup for a fundraiser to help Kerrie and her family with any medical bills. I agree and would like any ideas on what that looks like. Feel free to leave any ideas you may have on the board. i will keep you updated on both Kerrie's condition and any plans for a fundraising Meetup. If you are inclined to do so please keep Kerrie and her family in your prayers.
user 44722772
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 2
Thanks for the update Joe. I certainly would be willing to participate in a fundraiser meetup. As far as ideas I'll have to think on that. Car washes and bake sales are the first thing that comes to mind. But I will get some other ideas.

Rebecca B.
user 10232733
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 3
I have no ideas for a fund-raiser, except the typical car wash or bake sale. However, I want to give something. I have limited means but I'm able to contribute $50 to the cause. My mother would also like to contribute something. Also, there's a website called which helps people get updates on patient's well- being; perhaps her family has created a page for her so we can stay informed. Maybe the manager at Arena knows if a bank account has been established in Kerrie's name for people to make donations.