This is a meetup of people in Pittsburgh who are interested in topics related to the Quantified Self.
The meet up will NOT follow the usual two part format of discussion and presentations.
Instead, it will be our first HACK-A-TON HANDS ON DEMOS!
Have you ever wanted to try a device? Want to measure something but don't know how to get started? Well then this informal and fun meeting is for you!
We will start with an overview of devices & topics available. Then you are free to hook up with any device/service enthusiast that has a topic of interest to you. Try as many as you like (we will rotate so everyone who wants to try something has a chance). While trying feel free to pick the brains of our subject matter experts and discover something new for your QS experience.
Topics / Devices include:
- Neurofeedback [Cullen]
- Accupressure mat [Cullen]
- Acrinta (strength training app) [Ashton]
- Bodymedia (activity/sleep tracker) [Dan]
- Withings Scale (WiFi scale & app) [Dan]
- MyFitnessPal (diet tracking app / service) [Dan]
- Inner Balance (HeartMath coherence app) [Dan]
- Nike + (walking/running app) [Dan]
- HEG biofeedback device [Brian]
- True Sense (EEG) [Joe]
- Weight tracking – workflow & process [Farrel]
- Evernote (note tracking service) [Rohan]
- Fluxtream (data aggregator service) [Anne]
If anyone else wants to demo something just let me know.
The hands-on demos will wrap up around 7:30 pm.
After the meetup, continue the conversations and fun by joining us for dinner! We will walk to Craig St. to find a place to eat. This has become a tradition and is a great way to get to know each other better.