Snowshoe with the Dogs at Barlow Pass OR - Beginners - Exploratory
Response has been slim to the snowshoes. If the response doesn't increase I will stop posting on this site. Feel free to join NW Wilderness and my hikes and snowshoes which are dog friendly.
- Sno-Park pass required
- There are many trails at Barlow Pass. I will do some research and find a trail that has the least elevation and around 5 - 6 miles.
- This is a SLOW snowshoe. We will be going around 1 MPH a little faster on a way back but still slow to enjoy being outdoors.
What to bring:
- Snowshoes (we will not stop to rent snowshoes so please come prepared)
- Rain gear (or snow pants and a rain jacket)
- One or two extra warm layers
- Hat, Gloves (2 pair of gloves)
- Waterproof boots
- Gaiters to keep snow out of your boots.
- Trekking poles
- Something to sit on
- 2-3 liters of water, hiking snacks, ten essentials, non cotton clothing, sun screen.
PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK; Northwest Wilderness Group organizers are volunteers. We come prepared to lead you on a trail or off trail hike but assume no liability for your safety getting to or from the trailhead or on the hike. In case of accident, illness, or other incapacity, hikers must pay for their own medical and/or evacuation expenses, whether or not the hiker has specifically authorized them.