The Portland Dog-Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Young Male German Shepherd - looking to socialize

Young Male German Shepherd - looking to socialize

Kate
user 76080822
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I've got a wonderful 2 yr old long-haired Shilo German Shepherd who has mostly spent time with his 10yr old malinois german shepherd. For those of you who have no idea what that means, just think one is big and fluffy (the 2 yr old) and the other on one is petite and sable short-haired.

Anyway, he is a very obedient dog - responds well to commands etc. My only concern is that he is an "in-tact" male that tends to get aggressive around other non-neutered dogs.

Despite this, I would like him to be somewhat more social around other dogs.
If anyone would like to work with this with me, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
K
Elise C.
user 73378472
Portland, OR
I have a 4 1/2 year old male pit/boxer, he is well socialized and is neutered. If you would like to try introducing them I would be willing. I am new to the area and trying to find him new friends up here
Kate
user 76080822
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Great!
I am located in the Wilsonville area. Where are you?
Perhaps we can meet in a park, without other dogs around and see how things go?
I am open to suggestions.
K

Nancy B.
user 75412672
Portland, OR
Hi! I'd be happy to help you with socialization. My Kuvasz---NOT a breed known for mellowness---has learned to work with young upstarts effectively and with good judgement. If there's going to be a problem, I'll know it and just walk on. We're in Beaverton, but will be happy to meet you elsewhere. You can email nancy@mizbernard.com, or call 650-248-0404.

Best,

Nancy Bernard