The Portland Dog-Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Puppy socialization/puppy training classes?

Puppy socialization/puppy training classes?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello!

We are new to the Portland area and also just got a puppy. We are looking for puppy play times and some basic puppy training classes. Could anyone recommend some in the area? Our puppy is just about ten weeks old.

Thank you,

Courtney
Jerome C.
user 14336542
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Courtney,
Several people have suggested the Portland human society. I think they are located on NE 33rd near the Columbia river. Try googling them. If its a purebred, google the AKC and your dog breed.
Hope this helps. You have a wonderful four legged sponge, ready and willing to learn and please you.
Best wishes,
Jerome
Charlie Brown's dad
Sandy
user 70458462
Portland, OR
what breed is your puppy? I have a 4 month old shiba inu puppy that needs plenty of puppy socialization time.
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 32
I care for dogs in my home while people travel, so they don't have to stay in cages. My home is large and clean, and I have over 300 very happy clients who love coming here. My rates are lower than anywhere, and people will go nowhere else once they've been here. I also have free puppy play dates once a month for socialization. Let me know if you'd like to come to the next one. :)Shannon
littlepupplaycare@yahoo.com
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 33
I care for dogs in my home while people travel, so they don't have to stay in cages. My home is large and clean, and I have over 300 very happy clients who love coming here. My rates are lower than anywhere, and people will go nowhere else once they've been here. I also have free puppy play dates once a month for socialization. Let me know if you'd like to come to the next one. :)Shannon
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 34
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 35
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 36
Maree
user 90078742
Portland, OR
Hello!

We are new to the Portland area and also just got a puppy. We are looking for puppy play times and some basic puppy training classes. Could anyone recommend some in the area? Our puppy is just about ten weeks old.

Thank you,

Courtney

Hi Courtney,

I've had good luck with Happy-Go-Lucky Dog Training's Puppy Kindergarten. We had Lisa Plymale as our trainer and found her to be communicative, knowledgeable and fun.
They're located at:
601 NE 28th Avenue
Portland, OR 97232
and the phone is:
(503) 731-8774

Here's the website:
http://happygoluckydo...­