Its all things WordPress this Lucky Thursday the 13th at the Reno Collective starting at 6pm. However please read the note below because we have a new format for future meetings.
IF YOU ARE NOT A WORDPRESS BEGINNER I WOULDN'T TURN-UP UNTIL AROUND 6:30pm. I PROPOSE TO END THE BEGINNER STUFF AROUND 6:40pm & THEN WE CAN GO COLLECTIVELY INTO THE MAIN BUSINESS OF THE EVENING.
1) The first 40 minutes will totally targeted at beginners to WordPress. Basically I will lead a free introduction session on what is "WordPress", How do you get it and what are its key parts.
These sessions will be roughly the same every month. However, it might be different dependent on what the individuals who attend and their individual needs and questions. However, it will always be focused at the "WordPress for beginners."
FROM AROUND 6:40PM The MAIN BUSINESS OF THE MEET-UP BEGINS:
2) The second period will be focus one what going on in the WordPress community and I will do a similar presentation to what I did last month i.e.
WordPress News of the month:
Plugin or Plugins of the Month:
WordPress Tips and Tricks of the Month:
This should only take up no more then 20 minutes.
3) We then will discuss two topics that were agreed on from the pervious meeting. February's two topics which will be discussed will be...
1) WordPress & security: presenters Jonathan Denwood & Dylan Kuln.
2) WordPress & SEO: presenters Alea Milham & Tom Fitzgerald (to be confirmed.)
After these presentations we will have a general discussion of about 15 to 30 minutes. After this we can keep on talking, go to bed or go on to the number of food and alcoholic establishments that are close by to the Reno Collective.