The Reno WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › question about security on WP

question about security on WP

Amy
user 14341917
Sparks, NV
Post #: 28
A client of mine asked me of a possible security breach on WordPress. This client has a private hosting provider and was told that they received notification from the hosting provider their site may be vulnerable to security issue on several of the pages and would have to pay several thousand dollars to fix the problem. Has anyone come across this?
Dylan K.
user 20077771
Reno, NV
Post #: 19
A vulnerability is not the same as a breach, but in either case this sounds dangerously close to extortion to me. An analysis from http://sucuri.net...­ would be a good second opinion, and probably a much more cost effective cleanup option if needed.
A former member
Post #: 4
Absolutely! Check the site as Dylan suggests, and then look for another host. This is far outside the bounds of a competent honest hosting service...
Amy
user 14341917
Sparks, NV
Post #: 29
Thanks Dylan and Jack. You certainly make some sense. I'll forward this info to my client. Hopefully they will be able to fix this issue soon.